If you need help from our foodbank there are a few simple steps to follow. Please see the information below if you would like help from us:-
1. An important step is to get a Foodbank Voucher from a referral agency. In order to provide the most appropriate help for your circumstances and situation, we work with many local agencies. If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a Foodbank Voucher. They can then also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis. We can also talk you through the support you are getting and guide you towards other relevant agencies who may be able to help you.
2. An example of some of the agencies and referrers we work with. Children and Families Service/Multi Agency Support Team (MAST), Plymouth City Council, Plymouth Social Services, Family Intervention Project (The Beacon), Hamoaze House, Improving Lives Plymouth, Livewell, Shelter Devon, Children’s Social Care, Plymouth Information, Advice and Support for SEND, Health Visitors, Tamar View Community Centre, Homestart, Children’s Centres, School Parent Support Advisors, The British Legion, Housing Agencies, Exeter St and Devonport Job Centre and many more.
If you are in financial crisis and live in England or Wales, please call 0808 2082138 for free (open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm) to talk confidentially with a trained Citizens Advice adviser. They can help address your crises and provide support to maximise your income, help you navigate the benefits system, and identify any additional grants you could be entitled to. If needed, they’ll issue you with a voucher so you can get an emergency food parcel from us or your local foodbank.
If you are a local organisation or charity that works with people who might need our Foodbank, please contact us directly.
3. Get in touch with us:-
- Email (at anytime): [email protected]
- Call: 07759 258889 (this number is only monitored during our opening hours).
- Website: northplymouth.foodbank.org.uk
4. Bring your Foodbank Voucher or E-Referral Code to us during our opening hours. We are open on a Tue morning from 1000-1200 and on a Fri afternoon from 1330-1600. We are on Plymbridge Road in Estover, behind North Plymouth Community Church, PL6 7LF. We are on the no 42 Plymouth City Bus route, the timetable is here. We’ll also discuss any dietary needs you may have and exchange your foodbank voucher for a parcel of three days of emergency food. We are often donated toiletries, nappies, pet food and other such items which we are also able to offer if we have them.
5. We will then make up your parcel for you. ***Please note, due to the ongoing situation with Covid19, we are offering a limited service and are not able to offer our usual full hospitality. Please bear with us during this time and follow the instructions of our volunteers. We will keep our website and social media pages up to date with the latest information. Thank you. ***